The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focussed team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
We are visionaries, providing tools to healthcare professionals and organisations that is operationalising the use of Natural Language Processing and Decision Support. Our goal is to work with our customers to transform the way that they deliver healthcare by providing them with the information that they need when they need it to make the correct decisions for patient care.
We are growing and so is our team. We are looking for a database developer to assist with the ongoing enhancement and maintenance of our core Clinical Data Warehouse solution and associated Business Intelligence offerings. The role will be based in our Melbourne office and you will be required to work on customer projects to implement and extend our solutions.
You will assist in delivering the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions utilising Microsoft tools, including:
- Understanding the underlying data models and business processes and writing SQL queries
- Building data extracts and visualisations of the data
- Assisting with clinical or research requests for data extraction and analysis
- Developing and maintaining documentation
- Providing ongoing support to the data warehouse platform
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or IT, or equivalent experience in healthcare IT
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience as an ETL developer using SSIS
- Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS (Tabular), Data Warehouse)
- SQL Server 2016 and above – TSQL
- Oracle DB 11G and above – PL/SQL
- Experience with writing queries on Oracle, MS SQL databases
- Strong analytics and technical skills.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software such as Cerner Millennium, Epic or InterSystems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI or similar BI tools
- Microsoft Developer Certification
- Use of Python, R Studio
- Knowledge of HL7, FHIR
- Knowledge of Microsoft MDM, DQS.
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please apply online via our Seek advertisement Database / BI Developer – Healthcare. To be considered for this role you must also include a covering letter addressing why you would love to work for Alcidion in this role.