The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focussed team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
We are visionaries, providing tools to healthcare professionals and organisations that is operationalising the use of Natural Language Processing and Decision Support. Our goal is to work with our customers to transform the way that they deliver healthcare by providing them with the information that they need when they need it to make the correct decisions for patient care
We have a unique opportunity for the right person to join our dynamic and collaborative IT team in supporting our global organisation. As first point of call for level 1 to level 3 requests this role provides a great opportunity to be involved in many areas of IT, help establish operating practices, processes and implement technologies across the IT systems at Alcidion.
You are an IT all-rounder with a systems engineering or systems administration background and know what it takes to establish and administer an IT environment with a mix of on prem and cloud technologies. You are experienced in supporting an organisation’s IT from troubleshooting all levels of IT, systems monitoring and delivery of technical solutions in projects and daily operations.
You love working in complex environments, have great interpersonal and communication skills whilst enjoy being part of a fast-paced team.
Skills and Experience Required
- Proven experience as a Systems Administration and/or Systems Engineering experience
- Strong experience in managing Microsoft Office 365 suite (Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, ATP) and associated technologies
- Strong experience in managing Microsoft server technologies (Group Policy, AD, DNS, DHCP, SQL, SCCM) and associated technologies
- Strong experience in managing and maintaining backup systems and disaster recovery
- Experience in managing Microsoft Azure (configuration and administration)
- Experience in implement and managing security systems such as firewalls, AV, email gateway systems, DLP technologies
- Experience in developing and managing a mobile Microsoft Windows fleet (updates, patches, and software deployments)
- Experience in networking and communications such as routing and configuration (routing tables, VPN, switching), internet migrations and IP telephony systems
- Server room management experience including migrating, installing, updating and maintaining windows server, hypervisors, SAN, servers, environmental, capacity management
- Service desk experience
- Passionate and demonstrated experience in customer service
- Documentation skills
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Travel nationally (where required)
- Provide out of business hours duties including service desk support, systems administration, or projects implementation
- Amazon AWS technologies
- PowerShell and scripting solutions
- Systems migration and integration
- Experience in a regulated sector (healthcare, financial, ISO)
- Experience in working in a software development organisation
- SharePoint development
- Software development or integration experience
- Global or similar organisational experience
How to apply:
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please submit your resume via our Seek ad IT Systems Administrator. To be considered for this role you must also include a covering letter addressing why you would love to work for Alcidion.
No Agency Applications will be accepted.