The team at Alcidion want to make a difference to the way in which healthcare is delivered by deploying innovative technology to transform healthcare. We have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare together, with our customers. Alcidion consists of likeminded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market; solutions that support interoperability; facilitate communication and task management; and deliver clinical decision support at the point of care to improve patient outcomes.
With over 25 years of combined healthcare experience, the Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and market knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
We have a unique opportunity for the right person to join our high performing engineering team, where passionate engineers have developed a unique cloud-first health informatics platform from the ground up over the past three years. As a Site Reliability Engineer you will work with our DevOps and Software Development team to automate everything and ensure that our Kubernetes based deployments are highly reliable and constantly improving.
Our micro-service platform runs in Kubernetes in AWS and Azure and we are looking to scale up our team in line with additional clients taking up our service. Our technology stack uses current technologies and we focus on using the right tool for the job leveraging .Net Core, Linux, Docker, Redis, Elastic Search, RabbitMQ, React, Node.js and other technologies.
We are visionaries, providing tools to healthcare professionals and organisations that are operationalising the use of Natural Language Processing and Decision Support. Our goal is to work with our customers to transform the way that they deliver healthcare by providing them with the information that they need when they need it to make the correct decisions for optimal patient care.
You are from a development background and love engaging in the operations of live systems – everything from engaging with customers and internal client services teams, through to troubleshooting complex bugs and performance issues. You keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and practices and you look beyond what you know to find what is possible.
You love working in complex environments and have great interpersonal and communication skills.
Skills and Experience Required
- 7+ years development and infrastructure / engineering background
- Experience with some or all of Elastic, Redis, SQL Server, RabbitMQ
- Experience with Application monitoring and log aggregation tools
- Strong Linux skills
- Solid experience with AWS and / or Azure
- Experience working with customers in a critical operations environment
- Worked with cloud-based automation tools such as AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Azure Automation
- Worked with Automated deployment pipelines, utilising tools such Azure DevOps and Git
- Worked with container technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- A continuous improvement mindset and a drive to “automate everything”
- Worked in Agile teams. We expect our team members to be highly collaborative and to have excellent communication skills
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please send us your resume via our Seek advertisement Site Reliability Engineer. To be considered for this role you must also include a covering letter addressing why you would love to work for Alcidion in this role.