The world of healthcare is evolving. At Alcidion, we are playing our part. Every day, we help healthcare organisations to embrace smart technology. We make a positive difference to patient outcomes and we have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare, together with our customers. We are a focussed team of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market. The Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and health sector knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
Software Development at Alcidion
The Alcidion software development team runs in an Agile Manner, following the SCRUM methodology. Continuous Integration and continuous deployment leverages Microsoft DevOps and Git. Code is checked in on a continuous basis, undergoes mandatory policy-based code reviews, and passes all automated tests when committed to the development branch.
Our testers are the final gate before release, ensuring that what we have developed meets the specification, and that all the edge cases have been caught.
We are looking for a Software Quality Analyst to join our Software Development team who will champion the Testing function in an agile team environment. The Software Test Analyst will work with team members, to identify, estimate, design, write and maintain test cases. They will also be responsible for testing acceptance and non-functional requirements.
This role will initially be primarily focussed on providing manual testing support, however we have a strong desire to automate our testing practice, so if you have skills in this area, they will be highly regarded.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Designing, writing and executing manual tests leveraging Azure DevOps & Visual Studio
- Assist in the population of test data to test specific scenarios
- Supporting the triage and prioritisation process of bug capture and resolution
- Contributing to daily build infrastructure covering Smoke, Functional, Non-functional, Integration and Regression testing
- Assisting in configuring / managing test environments
- Reporting of progress and escalation of risks
- Working with peers to improve all aspects of testing
- Ideally automate tests to improve efficiencies.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor of Computer Science or IT or Computer Systems Engineering or similar is preferred
- 3+ years in a similar role
- Technically astute, and able to pick up new technologies quickly – this role will leverage Redis, Elastic Search, RabbitMQ, and Postman
- Basic SQL Skills
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development and delivery techniques
The successful candidate would ideally also have experience in the following:
- Load UI or similar testing tools
- Automated test tooling (Selenium)
- C# and Microsoft Test Framework or NUnit
- A medical / healthcare application development environment
- Passion for working in software testing, with a drive to make things better
- A love for finding what will break our software
- Willingness to find the devil in the detail
- Enthusiasm for finding new ways of solving problems
- Ability to bring the team on a journey to learn what you know
- An interest in technology, always motivated to learn what’s new
If you are passionate about making a positive difference to our healthcare system as part of a great team of like-minded people and believe you fit the above criteria, please apply online via our Seek advertisement Software Quality Analyst.
To be considered for this role you must be legally entitled to work in Australia without restriction or requiring employer sponsorship.
You must also include a covering letter with your application addressing how you meet the requirements for this role and why you would love to work with us.