While working for us, you will be responsible for assisting with automated software release testing, manually performing testing of new software releases including regression testing and identification of any issues raised in testing to feedback to the development team. As part of the development cycle you will contribute to creating and maintaining detailed test scripts and updating and preparing release and product documentation. You will also have the opportunity to provide clinical insight during the functional design of new application features. You will need to be able to understand complex software functional processes and analyse clinical risk points that may be associated with the functions.
We are looking for a suitably qualified person with experience working in a software testing role, who is aiming to move into an eHealth role in the IT sector, or who has recently moved into IT and wants to expand their horizons.
You will be ideally suited to this position if you have a nursing, other patient care, clinical support or research background and experience in software testing, perhaps through project experience in user acceptance testing of new software, and you are looking to join a dedicated health information technology solutions provider.
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- Tertiary level qualification in nursing or other health care delivery area
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a role demonstrating an understanding of clinical risk, such as a patient care role or supporting IT processes with a clinical focus
- Creating and executing manual test cases
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good analytical skills and good problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability and willingness to quickly understand new software applications and learn new technical IT skills
Desirable additional skills and experience include
- Experience in an analyst role in the IT sector
- An interest in developing team leadership skills
- Automated software testing experience
- Experience with Web Services
- Understanding of HL7 messaging
- Basic SQL ability
- Experience with SSRS or other reporting software
If you are passionate about making a difference to our health care system as part of a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please apply for this via our Seek ad Software Quality Analyst. To be considered for this role you must also include a covering letter addressing why you would love to work with us in this role.