The team at Alcidion want to make a difference to the way in which healthcare is delivered by deploying innovative technology to transform healthcare. We have a simple purpose, that is, to transform healthcare together, with our customers. Alcidion consists of like-minded people with a set of skills and products that create a unique offering in the global healthcare market; solutions that support interoperability; allow communication and task management; and deliver clinical decision support at the point of care to improve patient outcomes.
With over 25 years of combined healthcare experience, the Alcidion Group of companies brings together the very best in technology and market knowledge to deliver solutions that make healthcare better for everyone.
Software Development at Alcidion
The Alcidion software development team runs in an Agile Manner, following the SCRUM methodology. Continuous Integration and continuous deployment leverages Microsoft Team Foundation Services (TFS) and Git. Code is checked in on a continuous basis, undergoes mandatory policy-based code reviews, and passes all automated tests when committed to the development branch.
Software Test Engineers are expected to be pro-active in their learning, have a passion for software development, and always be looking ‘for a better way’. Alcidion provides paid access to the Pluralsight on-line training syllabus, providing employees with opportunity for skill advancement.
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer to join our Software Development team who will champion the Testing function in an agile team environment. The Software Test Engineer will work with team members, to identify, estimate, design, write and maintain test cases. They will also be responsible for testing acceptance and non-functional requirements.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Designing, writing and executing manual tests leveraging Azure DevOps & Visual Studio
- Designing, writing and maintaining test automation
- Integration Testing
- Assistance in the population of test data to test specific scenarios
- Supporting the triage and prioritisation process of bug capture and resolution
- Contributing to daily build infrastructure covering Smoke, Functional, Non-functional, Integration and Regression testing
- Assisting in configuring / managing test environments via Kubernetes
- Reporting of progress and escalation of risks
- Working with peers to improve all aspects of testing
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor of Computer Science or IT or Computer Systems Engineering or similar is preferred
- 3+ years in a similar test engineering role (essential)
- Technically astute and able to pick up new technologies quickly – this role will leverage Redis, Docker, Elastic Search, RabbitMQ, and Postman
- Intermediate SQL Skills
- Experience with Load UI or similar testing tools (preferred)
- Experience with automated testing tool (Selenium preferred)
- Experience with C# (Microsoft Test Framework & NUnit desireable)
- Experience in a medical / healthcare application development environment (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development and delivery techniques (desirable)
- Passion for working in software testing, particularly an automated testing environment
- Willingness to find the devil in the detail
- Enthusiasm for finding new ways of solving problems
- Ability to bring the team on a journey to learn what you know
- An interest in technology, always motivated to learn what’s new
If you are excited by the idea of working with a great team of like-minded individuals and believe you fit the criteria above, please apply online via our Seek advertisement Software Test Engineer. To be considered for this role you must also include a covering letter addressing why you would love to work for Alcidion in this role.